Posted on December 21, 2018 |
With your support, The LAM Foundation continues to thrive as a source of hope for individuals affected by LAM. We have again accelerated research and improved patient care, with each day moving us closer to a cure. A few of our 2018 accomplishments include:
- Patient Support: 168 new patients registered with The LAM Foundation. LAM Liaisons hosted 24 regional education meetings in partnership with 17 LAM Clinics, reaching 400 attendees. We launched the Circle of Hope Transplant Support Program and successfully facilitated shipment of 241 tissue samples from 10 unique donors to LAM investigators.
- Research: We awarded $430,000 in LAM research grants via The LAM Foundation Grant Program; $200,000 via the Patient Benefit Grant Program; $100,000 via UPenn’s Orphan Disease Center; and provided $80,000 to fund research at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital & Medical Center – a grand total of $810,000.
- Clinical Care: LAM Treatment Guidelines were presented at four professional conferences. We launched the LAM and rare lung disease virtual CME programs. Two new LAM clinics joined the network in Gainesville, FL, and Warsaw, Poland. Sirolimus was approved for use in LAM for European Union countries, raising the total number of approved countries to 38.
- Conferences: The LAM Foundation hosted the 2018 Rare Lung Diseases Research Conference & LAMposium in Cincinnati, OH, reaching 200 LAM patients and families, 222 professionals, and raising over $271,000 for research. The Foundation also participated at the TSC World Congress in Dallas and the LAM Action Annual Conference in the UK.
- Operational Excellence: We maintained top tier status with Charity Navigator and GuideStar and re-certified with the National Health Council for the 15th consecutive year.
We are grateful for your support throughout the year, and we ask that you consider making a special year end gift to the annual fund. Your generous support powers a truly remarkable organization that delivers real results year after year. Please give today.
This has been a highly successful year for The LAM Foundation, and with your continued support, we look forward to building upon our achievements.
The LAM Foundation Board of Directors