Family and Friend Assistance
Family members and friends who have someone in their life with LAM often find themselves researching the disease and connecting with others so that they can better understand what is happening. This may be in partnership with the LAM patient, or separately. It is not uncommon for friends and family to engage in discussions online or attend events even while their loved one with LAM struggles to cope with her diagnosis.
We offer several ways for you to connect and share experiences with other family members and friends of women with LAM. We also offer several publications to help you to stay up-to-date on the latest scientific, patient, and community events and accomplishments.
- LAMposium in Your Living Room - This interactive educational webinar series features a broad range of topics presented by LAM experts. These sessions offer a remarkable opportunity to interact with clinicians, scientists, patients, and other members of our global LAM community. Registration is free and open to all. Click the link to view recordings of previous presentations.
- Facebook – The LAM Foundation Facebook page is a communications tool used by The LAM Foundation to reach out to all of those touched in some way by LAM. This page serves as a great tool for learning what's happening with the Foundation and is a great resource for learning more about the disease. Information is also shared via Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Several publications are available to women with LAM as well as their family members and friends. To receive this information please register with the Foundation.
- Currents – a monthly update sent via email to provide time-sensitive information. Also available online. Use this link to go to the Register Now page and sign up to receive Currents.
- LAM Handbook – This comprehensive resource is a great tool for women living with LAM. It was written by women with LAM for women with LAM and offers insights into every aspect of living with the disease.
- Journeys – This online publication provides information about the Foundation’s scientific advancements, patient support services, fundraising activities, and accomplishments.